Wednesday, March 26, 2008

no more big red, julia's going to oxford




yes, it helps that the great hall in Christ Church was the Harry Potter dining hall....She has left her Cornell aspirations behind.

We did Oxford - not too shabby of course, Sunday, before going to Stratford for me (not enough time to indulge my Shakespeare cravings ) and then driving to my sister's in Scotland (where we did discuss Harry Potter with the Buddhist nuns at Samye Linge, where we toured and saw the amazing temple, ate lunch, strangely had a wonderful cappuccino in the coffee house there...and more and more...but I digress). Julia was totally infatuated...and when we had dinner later that night there was a guy at another table that would make my niece JL look twice, a bit of a ringer for Rupert Grynt. After spotting a Harry Potterish looking teen at our hotel in London - is it a wonder that I think we're doomed to be visiting these girls in the UK for college?

No comments: