Friday, December 28, 2007

Wonderful wonderful (Harry Potter) dream

Julia woke me this morning saying "I had the most wonderful WONDERFUL dream." This from right beside me - groggy from jet lag from our laggy flight back from new york that only sat on the runway for an hour before we took off.

Let us digress for a moment - it is a rare night when Julia doesn't come into our bed...so rare that when she doesn't I wake in the panic that something must be wrong! I will say that we were not attachment parents advocating family bed. Julia chose family bed - as an infant. Michael would hold sleeping Julia over the crib and she would wake crying, he would then hold her over our bed and back to blissful sleep. So now she starts the night in her bed but invariably ends up in ours - which I love ( it's so delicious) and hate (her freaking freezing feet seeking comfort between my legs)...and this morning I opened my eyes to see her starting at me, a kick-ass grin coming to her face: " I had the most wonderful WONDERFUL dream."

Guess who it was about?

Come on guess, guess - bet you can't figure it out -

And then later today she made up her latest song -

Last night I kissed Harry Potter
Last night I kissed Harry Potter
Last night I kissed Harry Potter
again....
again...


You've heard of Harry and the Potters? Draco and the Malfoys? Well - she's Ginny and the Weasleys (though right now she's singing Harry and the Potter's "Save Ginny Weasley" in the bathtub. Gotta say, it's become a favorite of mine since it won't leave my head!

Now I recorded her singing Last Night I kissed Harry Potter into garage band, which my lame-ass self really has no idea how to use, and wish I knew how to post the song here because it's pretty cool. A whole new sub-genre of WizardRock - kids wizard rock. Can anyone let me know?

No comments: